Upcoming events are listed below by month. To see recordings of some of our past events, click here.
Influencing your Sponsor
- Friday, November 1, 12-1pm, Ballroom C
Do you ever wish a funding opportunity were written just for you? Join panelists John Poate, Rod Eggert, Mike Mooney, Stefanie Tompkins, and Wendy Harrison to learn how to make that dream a reality.
Integrating Diversity, Inclusion, and Access into your Proposals
- Friday, November 22, 12-1pm, Avery Room
Join Amy Landis for a discussion of strategies to include in proposals that will help further the work to make Mines a more inclusive and equitable campus.
Cultivating a Diverse Funding Portfolio
- Friday, October 11, 12-1pm, McNeil Room
Join panelists Mike Wakin, Ivar Reimanis, Timm Strathmann, and Sebnem Duzgun to learn strategies for approaching new sponsors.
Join VPRTT Stefanie Tompkins to hear updates on research at Mines, and to share ideas for the upcoming year. August Research Discussions will be held
- Thursday, August 8th, 1:00-2:30 PM in Student Center Avery Room
Join VPRTT Stefanie Tompkins to hear updates on research at Mines, and to share ideas for the upcoming year. July Research Discussions will be held
- Friday, July 19th, 10:00-11:30AM in Student Center, Ballroom C
- Wednesday, July 31st, 1-2:30 in Student Center, Avery Room
Join Dr. Darren Mollot, Director of Exploratory Research and Innovation in DOE’s Office of Fossil Energy, for a discussion of opportunities in US Energy Technology
- Wednesday, July 10, 10:30-11:30am in CoorsTek 370
June 14, 10-11am, CoorsTek 282 – NSF Innovations in Graduate Education (IGE) Kick-off Meeting
May 3, 1-2pm, Student Center Avery Room – Demystifying NSF I/UCRCs
Join panelists Amy Clarke, Mike Kaufman, John Speer, and Ric Wendlandt to learn how to prepare for an NSF I/UCRC proposal submission.
April 26, 10:30am-12pm, Wagner Conference Room in the Starzer Welcome Center – IP & Tech Transfer Overview. Join Will Vaughan, Director of Tech Transfer at Mines, and Bruce Kugler, the head of Sheridan and Ross’s patent practice, for a discussion about intellectual property and technology transfer.
April 22, 12-1:30pm, Student Center Avery Room. Join us for RTT’s “Working With” Series with Leo Christodoulou, CTO of Boeing. Refreshments Provided. Come to learn about Boeing’s research and university engagement in a variety of technologies, with a special emphasis on engineered materials and manufacturing. Those technologies also include computational fluid dynamics techniques, advanced design and analysis codes, robotics, data analytics, artificial intelligence and advanced materials.
April 16, 11am-noon, virtual – Proposal Development 2.0: Debrief & Next Steps
Join RTT’s Erika Jermé and ASU Executive Director of Research Development Faye Farmer to learn how to debrief a submitted proposal and position yourself for the next opportunity. This workshop will be streamed by ASU – please contact Erika at email@example.com to learn how to register.
April 15, 1-2pm, Student Center Ballroom C – NSF CAREER Proposal Writing Tips & Tricks
Join panelists Kester Clarke, Elizabeth Holley, Amy Landis, and Nils Tilton to learn tips for submitting a successful NSF CAREER proposal
April 12, 12-3pm – Funding Opportunities in Pedagogy, Diversity, and Outreach
Join the Office of Research & Technology Transfer, the Trefny Innovative Instruction Center, and the President’s Council on Diversity, Inclusion & Access to learn about funding opportunities and best practices for proposals related to pedagogy, diversity, and outreach. Lunch will be provided.
January 31 – “Publishing in the Science Family of Journals,” Brent Grocholski, Associate Editor of Science Magazine
- 4pm, Student Center Ballroom C
- Gain insights into the elements of a successful submission to high-profile journals like Science.
- Please RSVP at https://csmspace.com/rttrsvp/.
December 5 – 12-1pm, CoorsTek 282 – Working with NSF
- Panelists include Tracy Camp, Priscilla Nelson, Kamini Singha, and Eric Toberer
- November 15 – “Working with SciLine”, Rick Weiss, Director of SciLine AAAS.
- Student Recreation Center, McNeil Room. Bio, Abstract and Time of the event will be posted when we have it.
- More Information
November 16 – 12-1pm, CoorsTek 370 – Working with DARPA
Stefanie Tompkins, Vice President of Research and Technology Transfer
- October 8 – “Working with MRI Global”, J. Chris Detter, PhD, Chief Scientist and Research & Development Manager, Global Health, Surveillance, and Diagnostics Division.
- PLEASE RSVP TO Allyson Hodges, firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 12 – Proposal Writing 102: Persuasive Writing:
- Erika Jerme will present how to make a persuasive argument with your proposal. Join us October 12th from 12:00 – 1:00 in CoorsTek 370.
- Please RSVP to Erika Jerme (email@example.com)
- Can’t Joint us in person?
- Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://mines.zoom.us/j/8686809595
- Or iPhone one-tap: 16699006833,8686809595# or 16465588656,8686809595#
- Or Telephone:
- Dial: +1 669 900 6833 (US Toll) or +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll)
- Meeting ID: 868 680 9595
- October 18 – “Working With the Air Force Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR)”, Dr. Fariba Fahroo, Program Officer at AFOSR
- PLEASE RSVP TO Allyson Hodges, firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 22 – “Working With the DOD’s Army Research Lab”, Dr. Melissa Flagg, Lead for the ARL Lab Northeast.
- Student Center Avery Room. Bio, Abstract and Time of the event will be posted when we have it.