Technology Transfer at Mines
The Technology Transfer Office (TTO) at Colorado School of Mines works to serve the citizens of Colorado and the United States by commercializing the inventions resulting from Mines’ research in accordance with four main principles:
- Enhance the Academic Mission: Technology commercialization is part of our mission to translate research into innovation and societal impact, and adds to the experience of students and faculty by providing research and entrepreneurial opportunities.
- Provide a service to Mines inventors and our internal and external partners:The TTO informs the Mines research community about the steps involved in invention, technology transfer, and commercialization, and facilitates what is needed to help inventors move their inventions to market. The office also addresses the needs of innovators, entrepreneurs, and other stakeholders.
- Find the right partners: The TTO makes connections with industry, early-stage financing resources, venture capitalists, entrepreneurs, and others in the technology-based economic development community who are potential partners in moving the university’s inventions to market.
- Ensure fair return:As a steward of the taxpayers’ and university’s investment, the TTO seeks fair market value for the inventions of the university, regardless of the funding source.
If you have questions or are interested in technologies that Colorado School of Mines has to offer, contact us.
- Mines grad students named National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellows
- Meenakshi Singh wins Fulbright Distinguished Scholar Award for quantum research in India
- Mines researchers working to understand critical materials deposits within Earth's subsurface
- Better balance, better life: Mines PhD grad transitions thesis topic into health tech startup
Colorado School of Mines remains committed to tackling some of the most difficult challenges in earth, energy and environment, including finding solutions to groundwater contamination and lowering the risks of small-scale mining.