Support for Large Proposals
For Large Proposals
ORA’s Proposal Analysts work in tandem with faculty to submit proposals that align with school and federal guidelines, policies, and regulations. Be sure to contact your Proposal Analyst at least two weeks before your proposal deadline.
The Office of Research and Technology Transfer’s Proposal Manager helps prepare center grant proposals, multi-PI and interdisciplinary proposals, training grants, capacity-building grants, and other complex grants. Some of these opportunities are listed here. We provide proposal management to help streamline proposal development so that you can focus on creating a competitive proposal.
RTT also offers funding to help teams plan over a year in advance of a proposal submission. For more information, please review our RTT Planning Grant Call.
Support We Can Provide
- Coordinate communication across the team and with the Office of Research Administration
- Develop a proposal checklist and track deliverables
- Keep the team to a calendar and ensure deadlines are met
- Help the team distinguish itself from competitors/develop “win themes”
- Connect the team with DI&A resources
- Review the RFP to ensure compliance to funding agency guidelines and responsiveness to the opportunity
- Edit for persuasive language, length, and grammar
- Draft non-scientific language (e.g., facilities documents)
- Coordinate external (“red team”) draft reviews
Teams should contact Erika at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 4 weeks prior to submission. Preference will be given to proposals with budgets over $2M or that support institutional priorities, and to multi-institutional proposals led by Mines.
In addition, Erika coordinates limited submissions for the university. For current and upcoming limited submissions opportunities, visit Limited Submission Opportunities or contact email@example.com.