Support for large proposals
The Office of Research and Technology Transfer’s proposal support team helps prepare center grant proposals, multi-PI and interdisciplinary proposals, training grants, capacity-building grants, and other large or complex grants. Some of these opportunities are listed here. We provide proposal management to help streamline proposal development so that you can focus on creating a competitive proposal.
RTT also offers funding to help teams plan in advance of a proposal submission. For more information, please review our RTT Planning Grant RFP.
Support We Can Provide
- Coordinate communication across the team and with the Office of Research Administration
- Set up a file sharing workspace for your team
- Checklist of proposal components
- Shell documents for the project description and other narrative components
- Boilerplate language for non-technical components, depending on the requirements of the specific solicitation
- Connections with others on campus for components like the Broader Impacts, DI&A activities, evaluation and assessment, and more, including our Justice40 Toolkit.
- Graphic design support for figures and charts
- Non-technical review of drafts for compliance and responsiveness to the solicitation
- Editing review of drafts for persuasive language, length, and grammar
- Organize a red team review
Teams should contact Alyssa Von Lehman Lopez at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the request form below at least 4 weeks prior to submission. Preference will be given to proposals with budgets over $2M or that support institutional priorities, and to multi-institutional proposals led by Mines.
In addition, the proposal team coordinates limited submissions for the university. For current and upcoming limited submissions opportunities, visit Limited Submission Opportunities or contact email@example.com.